Combo: La Leona Waterfall + Lunch + Hot Springs and Mud Bath
Enjoy a typical Costa Rican lunch, plus Hot Springs, Mud Bath, Sauna, and La Leona Waterfall!
Beautiful and relaxing, the volcanic hot springs naturally heated by the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano – the largest and most active volcano in Guanacaste, Costa Rica.
Surrounded by a dense dry tropical forest, you will enjoy a day visiting one of the most amazing waterfalls in the area such as La Leona Waterfall, plus a beautiful and peaceful place, Hot Springs & Mud Bath. The crystal clear waters of the river flow near the 3 pools built on the riverbank and filled with thermal waters filled with minerals, naturally heated in the depths of the Rincon de la Vieja Volcano.
You can use hot volcanic mud, which allows you to have a spa-like treatment on your entire body. When the mud dries, you can wash it in the cold waters of the river before entering the thermal water pools again.
We have dressing rooms and bathrooms at the entrance of the hot springs.
Summary of the Activities
La Leona Waterfall Adventure Tour:
- 2km each way (1.5 miles each way)
- Duration: 3hrs from start to finish
- Dificulty: Moderate medium Level (Not suited for guests with knee, walking or mobility issues)
- Lunch is a buffet, you will have a variety of options to choose
- When there are very few customers lunch will change and you will pick from a menu (This does not happen often, but just so you know it can happen if it does)
Hot Springs and Mud Bath
- You will relax in the Hot Springs and Mud Bath at the end of all the activities. You will have 3 different natural pools of hot water, with a river of fresh water next to it and natural volcanic mud to rejuvenate your skin
- Duration: 1hr 30min.